Friday, October 20, 2006

To Cliffy in Dubai or not, that is the question

Seeing that we had no success in purchasing tickets directly from the Dubai organisers, I went online yesterday. Clicking on "Front Block", I was asked to give my name and other details (but not credit card number). That done, I found myself asking to confirm "Back Block". So I went back and re-did it, and this time, got a page for "Front Block". No seating plan, no suggested seats. Just the price of SGD 396 for 2 seats. Hmmm. So, Abandon Website. Beti called Dubai and it seems that for the 22 rows in the Front Block, there are no seat numbers. Free Seating. Aiiii - can you imagine Beti and myself queueing for hours outside the doors, then trampling down hordes of middle-aged women all dressed up to the nines. With my bad back, they will have to peel me off the floor just as he starts Devil Woman. Idiots. Scrap Dubai!

The good news is - I contacted the Vice President of Marketing at Genting; the same gentleman who agreed that we should be refunded for their 2003 debacle of shifting Beti and I to Row 15 after coming up with more front block seats at higher prices. Dear Mr Chow will book us 2 seats somewhere in the front block; I may find myself next to a royal luminary, who will probably point to the Sir on stage, and ask me "Eh, Ini Siapa?"

Singapore - I want to pay up now for my seats but I've been told "not yet". Sigh.

We are now looking at going to Hong Kong and Manila as well. For Hong Kong - the site says "Your search for Cliff Richard is unsuccessful". For Manila, I was directed to a French website for his French concert. Oh, that I would like very much!

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Beti and Adrienne at Cliffy concerts 2007.


3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For god's sake woman, stop hounding people...

Go somewhere new to combine sightseeing/photo trip with Cliff madness.

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he is going to Sri Lanka, and that would be nice; but with Colombo also in a volatile situation, scrap Sri Lanka, too!

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Tempest23 said...

I say France! Then when done take the train to provence and the South.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home