Boat Quay - Old and Grand
One Saturday when work compelled me to spend much of the day in the office, I brought the Nikon along and took off at 4.00 pm to Boat Quay. I enjoyed my time alone, wandering along the river and later to the Esplanade. I got home at 8 pm, happy. My favourite photo that day is of these 2 boats. This photo stayed as my home desktop screenshot for a few weeks. Thanks to my new LCD screen bought recently, Tuffy and Jamie actually realised that that the little black things on the boats were actually birds!

This enchanting picture shows a cat sitting by the River Taxi kiosk, watching the last boat leave without him.
As I strolled towards the Fullerton Hotel, I came across these bronze statues; very European.

Empress Place looked very stately, bathed in the warm rays of the evening sun. Stamford was seen contemplating why the Travellers'/Raffles Palm in front of him was not doing too well. As I am typing this, "Down by the River" is being played on the radio. Very fitting.
This next scene appealed because of the lines involved. The Fullerton Hotel means something to me; it was the old Inland Revenue office, where my father worked, and died in. We went into the hotel one night, after Mischa's Palm Beach birthday dinner, and of course, everything is so different; beautiful. From outside though, the building is so grand; it is particularly stunning when seen at night from across the bay.


4 Comments:
Damn that stamford raffles ... had to take my students on so many trips to see that man!
I like the last picture best.
I too was surprised to find out that the black things were birds!
What lovely pictures Adrienne! I like the shot with the statues by the river. Very nice
Thanks, Alison. It was an enjoyable outing, one which I would like to repeat.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home