The Sir turns 66 tomorrow
Imagine - Cliff will be 66 tomorrow, 14 October; yet he is doing a whole run of concerts in England through November, then comes to Dubai and S.E.Asia in February and then back to continent Europe for more concerts till the end of March. He has tons of energy, as can be verified by my husband who has had to endure the front row experience with me a couple of times. Depending on whether we can get front 3 rows tix for Dubai, Beti and I will make our way there, (I have never visited the Middle East) then to Bangkok, then back here for the 11th Feb show. We may go to KL but are hesitant in view of the fact that our previous experience placed us in Row 15 when we paid for Row 2. Apparently the "royalty" from Row 1 got extended 14 rows! In case you are curious, yes, we got our money back. Now with Siti whats-her-name and her Tengku, chances are we may be all the way back. The battle is on now to purchase tickets before they go online this Monday. So far, I have not been successful, even for Singapore. Sigh. I shall remember my 2 girls when he kicks off with "We Don't Talk Anymore" - I hate that song, but they love it!
I became a fan when I was 12. This is the first album I owned; and till today, my all-time favourite song is "The Minute You're Gone". I still own all his LDs, much to the chagrin of dear Hubby who maintains that there is no more space in the house!
I have been extremely lucky in meeting him 3 times. Thousands of fans are still asking for the chance.... I'd like to say thanks to Cliff for all the years of lovely music and for your time to indulge me - not once, but 3 times. Happy Birthday, Cliffy.www.cliffrichard.org

9 Comments:
Mother! when did I ever say I liked any cliff richard song!!! I would never!
Tuff on the other hand has 5 songs on her IPOD!
You took those 5 songs!!!!
It really doesn't matter to me, I guess your leaving was meant to be...
Dima said,
Yes I remember the first time he came down, I was in one of the back rows with Em, we both almost melted when he sang Twelfth of Never..then when he came down the second time I was in the second row, behind the Khoo family. I still have a plain yellow note with his signature, when you met him with Chris Ho long time back.
Aye, for at first I thought you were talking about your brother, then I read the second line... ha ha. He has some nice songs, in fact he has a lot of nice songs. I even have a concert dvd you know.... come on Mish, don't be shy, admit it, you like him... ha ha
Its down to you now you wanna be free!
I'll admit it! I know the bloody words to every damn song this man has sung! Even when he comes on the radio, I catch myself singing along - all accurate lyrics!
Even the background.... "aaaaaaahhhhh.... we don't talk..... ooooooh oooh oooh oooh oooh.... we don't talk"
Dima, that was in 1995. I will never forget the excitement of meeting him for the first time. I waited at the photo shop till they developed my photos! I will try to scan the old photos - they are framed, in my office. We once threw the cushions at the TV, when he did "Suddenly" with Olivia. And to think I saw them sing it live in Perth. You could hear a pin drop.
The ad come out in today's Life section (16 Oct) but tickets are still not on sale at SISTIC, and they got the phone number wrong too. I have a verbal confirmation that my Row 2 seats are reserved. I will be sitting behind pieces of wood. It's terrible for an entertainer to see dead souls in the front row. Bangkok was good, they sold front row seats to fans. Hmmm now to work on meeting him again ....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home