Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Poetry in Motion

UPDATE: Sadly, we can't attend the concert because there will be poetry of a different kind at another function which I forgot about!!

Given that Blogger was not able to upload my Saturday's post till this morning, I am doing a second one today!

In the mailbox yesterday was a card from the Esplanade presenting an opportunity to "revisit those wonderful moments of yore" Huh? Anyway, it was to promote a Johnny Tillotson concert on 25 November. No promotion needed for me because for sure I will go. We thoroughly enjoyed his last show because it was full of hits. Reminiscing came alive with Poetry in Motion, Judy Judy Judy, Talk Back Trembling Lips, Send Me the Pillow, Heartaches by the Number, and my 2 favourite Tillotson songs - It Keeps Right On A-Hurting, and Out of My Mind. Nothing like the oldies for me; we knew the lyric of almost every song, and if we didn't, we knew the melody. So, the 25th will be an evening of memories and lovely music.

2 Comments:

At 6:57 PM , Blogger Tempest23 said...

Johnny who? "Send me a pillow that you dream on"

 
At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaargh; I realised this morning that we have a previous engagement! Alas, he really has to send me his pillow to dream on! Tickets for sale .....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home