My Birthday Present to Caitlin, Made with Love
My friend Meng Lee inspired me with her beautiful scrapbook albums. So I decided in January that I would do one for Caitlin's first birthday. The course I wanted - how to do a photo album that had a lovely wooden cover and that fit a cigar box - was full and I had to wait till April for the next course. So - I decided to go it myself. It took me about 40 hours to complete this photo album, more money than expected, backaches by the dozen, but the end product is something so beautifully detailed, that I am so proud of myself. I did not realise that I was creative at all and that I had the patience to plan the layouts, cut all the sheets of paper, print the photos, trim them, mount them, and put in every small embellishment, run to the shops every now and then to get more stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it; mostly I found it very therapeutic, though having to do it in secrecy meant I had to lock myself in the room away from Atun and hide every damn thing once I was done and whenever the girls came over, but it provided that much more excitement to the project. Adrian is so proud of me as well. His help was obtained in adding more pages to the album (it involved a screwdriver), and taking all these photographs in our makeshift studio ! I used his beautiful photograph for the 12th month birthday page. Enjoy this album, Caitlin, made with love, by your Gammy.

7 Comments:
Di Said,
Gosh pooch you're brilliant, such beautiful shots of her and it is such a beautiful gift. Lovely
em said.....
that was absolutely lovely.
it is the most beautiful gift
that any grand-daughter would treasure and love.
once again, why did you want to enrol in that course?
you should be teaching THE COURSE for crying out loud!!!!
Dear mummy,
It is the most wonderful gift and I will treasure it always. Caitlin will always know how much you love her everytime she looks at it.
Mish
Thanks everyone!
and who might this 'lonely poor soul' be ?
Hi Adrienne, I thot the album on the blog was lovely enough, until I saw the real thing..WOW! Thank you for inspiring me to want to start my own album...I hope you don't mind if I come to you for professional advice :)
Definitely the most precious and rare present made with the greatest gift called Love.
Dear Joanne
It was nice to meet you and find someone who was actually inspired by my work, as I was inspired by my friend. Sure, I'll be happy to help if I can.
Adrienne
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home