Perth October 2010
Blogger and I are becoming friends again. This is my second post in the same evening!
While it is 9 months since Beti and I were there for the Cliffy concerts, it was still good to be with the other Cliff, and Jasmine. We had 2 weeks to shop, lounge around, do work, cook, eat, enjoy the cool weather in the mornings and evenings, and drive south to Margaret River, Busselton and best of all, Pemberton. We asked the City Centre lady for accommodation with some nature. Her response : well, this one has it. It was the Pemberton Farm Chalets. The drive up the road leading to the chalets is amidst lovely, tall trees, and we loved it there. Pity it was only for one night; as we had spent the previous night at Station House in Margaret River, not one I will repeat in a hurry.
While it is 9 months since Beti and I were there for the Cliffy concerts, it was still good to be with the other Cliff, and Jasmine. We had 2 weeks to shop, lounge around, do work, cook, eat, enjoy the cool weather in the mornings and evenings, and drive south to Margaret River, Busselton and best of all, Pemberton. We asked the City Centre lady for accommodation with some nature. Her response : well, this one has it. It was the Pemberton Farm Chalets. The drive up the road leading to the chalets is amidst lovely, tall trees, and we loved it there. Pity it was only for one night; as we had spent the previous night at Station House in Margaret River, not one I will repeat in a hurry.
A must-do is the Kalamunda Market
Eating in the sunshine at Harbour Town
At Busselton
In the town centre, Busselton
No Pets Allowed; Busselton
Busselton Jetty; windy as hell
As evidenced by the hair. Hot chocolate and tea was in order.
At Red Gate winery.
At another vineyard; I can't recall the name. It was HUGE.
The vineyard house. It had the most beautiful washrooms inside.
The rose garden at the vineyard
At King Trout Farm. Cliff caught 2 in 5 minutes - Glen, we thought of you.
He would have caught it then, too, had the fly not flown near his nostril!!
The 2 trout caught by Cliff; Adan's fish went in later. We decided on only 3 because it costs AUD15 per fish that you cash; and 3 was more than enough for our lunch.
A delightful lunch.
I love whole fish.
Pemberton Farm Chalet land. Life is not fair.
The animals were domesticated and so friendly
Rider was adopted at 3 months old
The wild roos and their joeys would come over but will not come near.
Mas Selamat - he kept escaping and had to be pulled by his horns, back into the pen.
The goat that slept a lot - Cliff called him Wong Kam-Bing
The Gloucester Tree - we declined the climb to the top
Our little parrot
I so enjoyed this. He came back a couple of times.
How Caitlin would have loved this!!!
We heard the thundering hooves - and Pony joined the feeding!
The students climbed to the top
Along our nature walk. I am most grateful that I could do this 45-minute trail; my feet did not hurt.
Ha Ha, the look says it all.
Cliff toasting bread in the stone furnace which did not heat up our bedrooms! It was 8 degrees and I slept with 4 tee-shirts.

1 Comments:
Poochie,
What lovely photos.........
Love
D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home