The grandpuppies spend time with us


Well, it was a busy few days, with us bringing Dolce back from our visit to Tuff and Jamie on Wednesday evening, (well, I was lying down waiting for the stomach to stop heaving from my ill-gotten gains of char kwey teow with kerang, while Mish and Edward drove off first with her.) She is one spoilt and pampered little thing, and as can be seen from the photos, absolutely must climb up on the bed to cuddle. When she heard Grandpa come upstairs, out from under the covers she emerged, to perch on my legs to wait for him. The first 2 photos were taken by my camera phone so please excuse the lessened quality. And if I'm on the computer, she'd just stretech out and catch 40 winks. There was one time we could not find her because she had burrowed her way under the quilt and did not make a sound. I tried sleeping with her on the bed because I wanted to just fall asleep right there after some good TV, but I was driven to distraction because I was afraid of kicking her as I turned. True to form, she became peyloose because I was breaking her sleep and crawled out to sleepily look wonderingly at me - Stop it, woman! So I caved in and stumbled off in the early hours of the morning, leaving her the entire bed and quilt!
Pepper came by today to stay, and is currently downstairs gazing adoringly at Atun. The suspicion that bits of food have "fallen" from the table when Atun eats is being held very strongly among us. That suspicion is vehemently denied. Pepper and Dolce love her to bits. Pepper had to be carried upstairs to sit with me in the room as I am working on this post, as she is terrified of the stairs, after a fall she took many months ago. While it was a slip down only two steps, she never forgot it. So she had to be carried down again. She is so intelligent, and the second photo shows her cocking her head to "want a biscuit?" Pepper went around just now sniffing every corner for evidence that her cousin had been recently in habitation. Pepper loves to sit at the top of the steps leading to the courtyard, and observes all the goings-on. She is photographed here among our two other "dogs", and near the ducks. Pepper will stay for two nights and will go back before I leave for Genting.
It's a totally delightful feeling to have the dogs greet you so rapturously; Pepper will bark, and jump up and down, and up and down, while Dolce sprints around and around the house and comes back to you with her leopard crawl, sometimes leaving a big of a 'souvenir'. She's a bit of a bims, and even seeing you after 5 minutes, she is in rapture, having forgotten that she just saw you. Unconditional love from dogs, and this is what I miss without my beloved Dix and Pepe; but with the two of them coming by, or we going over to see them, provides us with this pleasure.

3 Comments:
Awwwhh..... look at those two little darlings...
Dolce is so chubby-checker!!
For the few days that she wasn't with us, there's a definite hole in our lives - I don't walk home with a similar spring in my step, knowing I'm going to see that little face peering with overwhelming excitement from behind the sofa.
She loved staying there and needed a holiday after her holiday!
p.s. I can't believe you're staying the same hotel as Cliff, you stalker.
i miss my puppy. my late night companion who curls up next to me night after night, gets up when i do..goes to sleep when i do. te ne ne ne
And I think she misses you and Mischa and Caitlin err, well, yes, Caitlin too! You can have her tomorrow night back. We watched Seinfeld together!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home