On Saturday and Sunday, I had a wonderful time playing a selection of music in the living room, now that we have a new CD player. It's been months since I did this, and it was absolutely wonderful to listen to my favourite tracks. Cliffy of course featured strongly, with his standards from 1966, a selection of jazz, country, Chet Atkins, Engelbert's "Yours" and my favourite Tom Jones album Delilah - which throws me right back to 1967, and tender memories of a first love.
There was also a lovely rainbow that appeared on Saturday evening against an increasingly darkening sky with promise or rain, with a sunset winning the battle to cast this impossibly orange glow against structures. How rare to see a rainbow these days in Singapore skies.
3 weeks ago saw Adrian and I once again happily ensconced in our home away from home - Mayang Sari. I finally managed to get camera-shy Pa Eri to take a photo with me. He is our housekeeping guy who has offered us his bike to ride around on. We brought the portable DVD player and I caught several movies in the comfort of bed. I again missed walking the length of the beach and around the resort; and really hope that my current course of acupuncture will give me back my normal walking capabilities. Even a walk to the kelong caused problems. Maybe that bike offer should be considered. We spent 2 days at Octopus2 before being joined by one rascal, together with her mother and Godma who occupied Octopus3. Caitlin spent the night in Octopus2, in a cot, and we brought her onto our bed when she woke up and was still sleepy and thankfully, silent! She kept silently counting her fingers.
Needless to say, Caitlin was in her element on the sand bank. At high tide, the waves were slightly higher than usual due to the monsoon; fortunately it rained only on Saturday morning, for an hour. I got burnt more than I would have liked to because of babysitter duties on the beach. An umbrella for me next time!

1 Comments:
em said....... nice to see caitlin
having a ball of a time. she is so cute.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home